Nikon D5000 hands on preview by What Digital Camera

Hands-on preview of the new Nikon D5000 DSLR with HD video and multi-angle LCD screen, shot at the Nikon UK press launch in London, 14th April 2009.

25 Responses to “Nikon D5000 hands on preview by What Digital Camera”

1. Is there any place where you can pay for a nikon camera monthly?

2. NEED TO KNOW

Should i get this or the Nikon D3100 or canon Rebel T1i let me know soon please

3. OMg…i lov it;-(
    it’s my dream…
    the best♥

4. @WhatDigitalCamera well…i wanted this cam to take photos of my big cats,tarantulas,scorpions,snakes etc etc…does this cam come with macro lense ? or i have to buy another one ?

5. Does this camera have a flash included? Also, as the kit lens can’t do close up photos, which lens would you suggest to buy (for macro shots) to fit onto this camera?

6. i really need help. which is better d5000 or d3100? i really dont need HD VIDEO. i just wanna know which of these two camera are more better in taking pictures? please do reply …

7. i really really reaaaally want this camera. im kinda torn between this and the 3000 simply for price issues. i love very close up very focused shots. how close can you get with this camera keeping crystal clear focus? thanks

8. hello. is nikon d5000 is a full-frame camera?! thank you.

9. @WhatDigitalCamera oh, wow. now i regret not getting the d5000..]:

10. @WhatDigitalCamera thanks for your reply, i have 1 more question if you don’t mind, i don’t know much about cameras, if i were to buy the d5000 body and buy that macro lens you said will that macro lens also zoom in for those far away shots or will i need to buy another lens for those far away shots?

11. WhatDigitalCamera on February 21st, 2011 at 10:08 pm

@BCskate94 5 mins continuous recording in one clip. You can shoot as many clips as the memory card will hold.

12. WhatDigitalCamera on February 21st, 2011 at 10:36 pm

@MrAirgunlover This camera will be fine but I don’t know if the lens will focus close enough to your spiders to fill the frame. (But this is the same with any DSLR kit lens). If so you could either buy a supplementary close up lens to screw on the front of your lens which would let you focus closer, or buy just the D5000 body and get a macro lens instead. The Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX DG Macro is one of the cheapest, or look on eBay for used ones. Use a wider aperture to get a shallower focus.

13. i hope you can help me hear, i’m looking at this camera so i can take some high quality photos of my tarantulas then get them printed out at a film shop or something and put them in frames, also i will be using it for youtube videos, i wont need to much zoom but would like it to have abit, also i will be using it to take photos wildlife, i would like it to focus on the tarantula wile blurring out the rest a little bit, would you recommend this camera or something else for my use?

14. is it true that this camera can only hold five minutes of HD video?

15. @WhatDigitalCamera although the D90 is a better camera lets not forget that :D more expandable and gives more creative freedom

16. @WhatDigitalCamera Ok It’s says D3100 is better than D5000….I looked it on amazon and there is one for around 400$ and one 700$. their difference is that the cheaper is a 10.2MP Digital slr Camera and the other one is a 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera. So, is there a big difference between 10.2MP and 14.2MP???

17. WhatDigitalCamera on February 22nd, 2011 at 1:53 am

@frossinaki Take a look at the new D3100 before deciding.

18. I want to buy a camera….It’s my first dslr Camera, What do you suggest? D3000 or D5000??? :) I love both….:)

19. risasblackparade on February 22nd, 2011 at 3:14 am

This is probably a dumb place to ask but here it goes anyways. I’m working on saving up for a DSLR. I’ve worked with one before but I don’t own one. Should I just save my money til this point and get the D5000 or should I save my money and get the new D7000 coming out? /: It’s a drastic difference in price but I’m willing to save either amount. I just don’t know if I should really spend the time on saving for the D7000? I mean I’m technically still a beginner though so this isn’t a terrible idea

20. theiamlegent1903 on February 22nd, 2011 at 4:13 am

i dont give the money for d5000…………..hallelujah EOS 7D

21. at the ending the guy in suite looks at the other guy like” what in the world are you talking about” then as soon as he says his name, he kind of gasp up like ”ohh thank you” lol it think it was funny lol

22. @NAGULNR2 well guest what? nikkor lenses are way sharper than canons.

23. DiogoPhotographer on February 22nd, 2011 at 6:03 am